Sort a YouTube playlist from oldest to newest videos
There have been many times when I've wanted to go to a YouTube channel, and watch all the videos from
oldest to newest. I swear this used to be much easier in years past, but trying to do this recently on YouTube
is not easy at all. In fact it almost looks like YouTube is actively trying to hide how to do this. After much
searching around I found out how to do this and thought I would share it here, as opposed to being buried in
message boards on the web.
Steps to sort a YouTube channel from oldest to newest
The following works as of 12/2023. YouTube may disable this at any time.
- Go to the main YouTube channels "Home" link.
- Click the "Videos" link in the top row of links.
- Click the "Oldest" button.This is currently right under the "Videos" link.
- Open the oldest video up in a browser tab, and copy the string/characters after the "v=" in the url. This is the videos id.
- Go back to the channels main page and click the "Home" button again.
- Scroll down the page slightly, and in the "Videos" section, click the "Play All" button. This will start a playlist from latest video.
- Edit that url in the bar, and replace video id string after the "v=" with the oldest videos id you copied earlier.
- Next, at the end of the same url replace the characters/string after "&list=" with this "ULcxqQ59vzyTk".
- Then hit enter to go to the url. This should reverse the playlist starting from the current video.
- Save the url after each time you stop to start in the same place next time.
- For some reason this reversed playlist does not autoplay. I don't know why. Reach out to the email in the About section of my site if you know how to fix this.